Welcome to my blog. Here you'll find posts about Freemasonry with a focus on Centralia Lodge.

Friday, May 2, 2014

The Promise of Freemasonry

When I am all alone, in the dead of night, with nothing to occupy myself but my own thoughts, if I am completely honest with myself and critically review every facet of my life, then I must admit to myself that Freemasonry has fulfilled its promise to me.  Freemasonry has improved my life, it has taken this good man and through its teachings has made him a better man.

It is for that reason alone that I am willing to devote so much of myself to it.  Freemasonry takes up a great deal of my time.  It demands much thought and attention each and every day.  If I add it all up it is clear that Freemasonry claims a good deal of my income as well.  I do all of this for the furtherance of Freemasonry, to do my best to ensure that it remains a vital and vibrant part of my community, so that other men may experience its promise just as I have.  To further its mission of improving our world by improving individual men, one at a time.

To experience the promise of Freemasonry and initiate must spend his time, and do work.  Mental work, but work nonetheless.  He must study, consider, and learn the truths of Masonry himself, and then apply those truths to his own life.  If he does this he will improve his life, he will make himself into a better man.

Some men do this after their initiation, others do not.  Like all things in life it is decided by the individual's free choice.  Just as membership in the Masonic Fraternity must be sought out by he who desires it, so too must the lessons of Masonry be sought out and found by he who wants to learn them.

Those of us who have come before can help the new initiate on his quest for 'Light' by encouraging him to seek it out, and by providing him with a vibrant, active, welcoming, and supportive lodge of men from within which he can pursue his own personal search for that treasure which Freemasonry freely offers to its initiates.

No comments: